Immerse yourself in the Spanish
language and culture
June 18th, 2023
All Levels of Spanish
Immersion Program in Cadiz —Middle School Students
Imagine spending your summer not just attending a middle school Spanish immersion program in Spain, but living right by a golden-sand beach in one of the oldest cities in Europe! Well, if you’re a middle school student, you don’t just have to imagine it; you can turn the dream into a reality with our summer Spanish immersion programs in Cadiz. We’ll hook you up with everything you need to make the most of your time in this ancient seaside city on the southern coast of Spain: hassle-free housing, delicious Spanish meals, guided tours, cultural activities, organized excursions, Spanish immersion classes, and more!
Along with other international middle school students attending our summer Spanish immersion programs, you’ll be able to enjoy and explore the city of Cadiz and its incredible surroundings, where you’ll find fantastic beaches, beautiful architecture, historic buildings, fantastic food markets, scenic landscapes, and almost endless sunshine. You won’t just boost your Spanish and your college app; you’ll make memories and friends to last a lifetime!
Combine a Spanish immersion experience with a beachside getaway and an adventure abroad through our high school programs in Cadiz, Spain.
Immerse yourself in the Spanish language and culture by living in a beautiful, 3,000-year-old city by the sea.
Enjoy guided tours of historic attractions, organized excursions to other cities, and a variety of cultural, social, and recreational activities.
Take your summer immersion experience to the next level by living with one of our carefully-selected Spanish host families—delicious, home cooked Spanish meals included!
Improve your Spanish, boost your college app, and have fun at the same time through our engaging, interactive Spanish immersion classes.
Feel safe and secure with 24/7 adult support and supervision from our experienced staff and host families.
If you’re looking for a high school Spanish immersion program to attend in the summer, you could hardly pick one with a better destination than the city of Cadiz and the surrounding province of the same name. Here, you’ll find 3,000 years of multicultural history, 300 days of glorious sunshine, 138 kilometers (85 miles) of golden-sand beaches, and numerous historic attractions—including the city itself, as a whole. It’s not just an old city; it’s the oldest continuously-inhabited city in all of Western Europe!
Thanks to its wonderful weather and its highly walkable, cobblestone streets, you’ll be able to explore the city on foot, passing by a seemingly endless array of bustling plazas and historic buildings that feature charming architecture and house a variety of local shops, restaurants, cafes, and food markets. In short, Cadiz is the perfect place for high school students to have a fantastic summer Spanish immersion experience—and if you attend one our programs, we’ll help you to make the most of it by taking you on guided tours of attractions such as the following.
This gorgeous cathedral features intricate baroque architecture, a majestic façade, and a bell tower from which you can enjoy breathtaking views of the surrounding city.
Built in the 1700s, this historic lookout tower contains a camera obscura and provides you with even more stunning views of the city.
Castle of Santa Catalina
Originally a fortress that was constructed in the 17th century, this seaside castle now houses a modern art gallery.
The Port of Santa Maria
This small, historic town is situated on the banks of the Guadalete River, right outside the city of Cadiz, where you can visit San Marcos Castle, the bullring of El Puerto, the church of Iglesia Mayor Prioral, and the Victory Monastery.
The above list of attractions only scratches the surface of what Cadiz has to offer! In the city and the surrounding province, you will find an abundance of other highlights, including Roman ruins, palaces, monuments, museums, and even more castles and cathedrals.
Exploring Spain: Cultural Activities
- Experience true immersion in the Spanish culture this summer through our high school programs’ fun-filled cultural activities, such as salsa, flamenco, and Spanish cooking classes.
- Immerse yourself in Spanish history through guided tours of Cadiz’s incredible historic attractions, which range from Medieval castles to ancient Roman ruins!
Making Memories: Social and Recreational Activities
- Make the most of Cadiz’s fantastic weather and beaches via surfing classes, bike rides, and sports games by the sea!
- Have fun, unwind, and make new friends through dances, concerts, dinners, movie nights, and tapas nights for high school students attending our summer Spanish immersion programs.
- Enjoy plenty of free time to explore the city with your new friends from the program and/or your friends from home, if anyone is traveling with you; we welcome pairs, small groups, and solo students alike!
Leveling Up Your Español: Spanish Immersion Classes
- Boost your Spanish and have fun at the same time by attending 4 engaging, interactive Spanish immersions classes lasting 45 minutes each every day (3 hours of study in total), Monday through Friday.
- Benefit from our small class sizes (12 to 15 students), our hands-on approach to learning Spanish, and our friendly, teachers, who are native Spanish speakers with extensive backgrounds teaching international students.
- Deepen your Spanish immersion experience by communicating with native Spanish speakers in markets, shops, and other authentic, real-life settings.
Broadening Your Horizons: Weekend Excursions
- Travel to other parts of southern Spain and its international surroundings on organized group trips to some of the region’s top destinations.
- Explore many possible destinations, such as the gorgeous and historic city of Sevilla, the whitewashed village of Vejer de la Frontera, the charming beach town of Tarifa, the ancient Roman ruins of Baelo Claudia, the scenic shores of Bolonia Beach, or the British Overseas Territory of Gibraltar.
- Enjoy worry-free, hassle-free travel: transportation, meals, adult guidance, and tours are included!
Living in a Real Home: Hassle-Free Housing
- Feel a safe and secure sense of home-away-from-home on your summer abroad by living with one of our high school Spanish immersion programs’ friendly, carefully-selected Spanish host families.
- Enjoy the comforts of a middle-class home with modern conveniences—laundry assistance provided!
- Further expand your immersion experience by having genuine conversations with actual Spaniards and experiencing everyday Spanish life for yourself!
Eating Like a Spaniard: Complimentary Meals
- Savor home-cooked Spanish meals—daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner included!
- Try out Spanish staples such as paella, tortilla, croquettes, and gazpacho.
- Have your needs met; special dietary requirements can be accommodated.
Dates and Fees
If you would like to pay in installments, first click on 4 INSTALLMENT PAYMENTS and then click on APPLY.
The total will be divided in 1 deposit due today and 1 final payment. The final payment will be due 8 weeks prior to the program start date.
June 18th – July 1st, 2023
- Deposit: Today
- Final payment: April 23, 2023
The total will be divided in 1 deposit due today and 4 installment payments (with one payment due each month). The final payment will be due 8 weeks prior to the program start date. In the case where it becomes impossible to make 4 installment payments due to late application, students will have to make up any missed payments.
June 18th – July 1st, 2023
- Deposit: Today
- 1º installment payment: January 29, 2023
- 2º installment payment: February 26, 2023
- 3º installment payment: March 26, 2023
- 4º installment payment: April 23, 2023
Spanish classes Monday to Friday for the duration of the program (3 h/day - 4 classes of 45 minutes)
All class materials used during the course
Official certificate that confirms your participation in this program
Accommodation and full board with a homestay family
Program of social, cultural and recreational activities
Initial orientation walk in Cadiz
Airport reception with a representative from Centro MundoLengua and transfer to and from Jerez de la Frontera airport