1. Activities such as inviting guests to the host family’s home, smoking inside the home, use of the family’s telephone, and, if applicable, use of the family’s internet, must be approved by the family.
2. Program Participants must take responsibility for all personal property; MundoLengua cannot be held responsible for any Program Participant’s personal property that is lost or stolen.
3. Program Participants will not discuss their host family’s private affairs with anyone other than a MundoLengua representative.
4. Program Participants cannot change their host family without permission from a MundoLengua representative.
5. Program Participants must obey all local and national laws.
6. Program Participants must consume alcohol responsibly. In the event that a Program Participant arrives to class, their host family home, or any event outing or activity organized by MundoLengua in an unfit state due to irresponsible alcohol consumption, MundoLengua will inform the Program Participant´s home university of the incident and will discuss possible consequences with said university. Following this discussion, and in partnership with said university, MundoLengua will then make a decision as to the consequences of the incident.
7. Use of illegal drugs, or association with anyone involved with illegal drugs, will result in the Program Participant being expelled from the Program and sent back to his/her home country, without recourse and at his/her expense. Said expulsion will be made known to the Program Participant and their University both verbally and in writing. Program Participants will also forfeit their right to any refund of monies for unused parts of the Program. It is the Program Participant’s responsibility to arrange supervision for his/her return home. MundoLengua can provide assistance, under the condition that Program Participants and their family pay any and all associated costs in advance resulting from said expulsion and return home. These costs will be made known in writing to the Program Participants within one day following the Program Participant’s expulsion from the Program.
8. Program Participants are prohibited from bringing their pets while attending the program.
9. To the extent that it becomes necessary to isolate a Program Participant due to him/her contracting Covid or a host family member contracting Covid, meaning that the Program Participant cannot remain in the original assigned host family home or be transferred to a new host family home and needs to be moved to a local hotel or other similar accommodation, the Program Participant will be responsible for any and all corresponding costs, including but not limited to: Program Participant hotel costs and food costs for both the Program Participant and chaperone that may need to be housed in the same hotel or other similar accommodation for a period of no less than 5 days. At the end of the 5-day period, the Program Participant will need to present a negative Covid test to be allowed to return to the host family. Each incident will be studied on a case-by-case basis and MundoLengua will use its best efforts to either keep Program Participants with their original host family or transfer them to a new host family for the 5-day isolation period or longer, if necessary. The Program Participant will not be responsible for any additional housing costs in the case that he/she remains with their original host family or are transferred to a new host family.
10. The Program Participant is responsible for the cost of any and all Covid tests that may need to be performed for their own benefit.