Prepare for your IB® Spanish course and exam in Spain!
July 3rd, 2022 - July 16th, 2022
IB® Spanish students
IB® Spanish summer course in Cadiz, Spain
Do you need help preparing for the IB® Spanish exam? This program is a golden opportunity to level up your Español, go on a study abroad adventure, and enjoy a beachside getaway, all at the same time! Based in the coastal city of Cádiz, Spain, this program provides you with a chance to live in one of the oldest cities in all of Europe. Here, you’ll find a beautiful, historic city center surrounded by golden-sand beaches and bathed in nearly endless sunshine. It’s the perfect backdrop for getting help on your IB® Spanish exam by attending this preparation course, which feature small class sizes, experienced teachers, and lessons tailored specifically to the needs of IB® Spanish students.
Kick back and relax on Cadiz’s golden-sand beaches, where you can also play sports and take surfing lessons through our program!
Immerse yourself in the Spanish language and culture while living in the oldest continuously inhabited city in all of Western Europe.
Feel safe and secure with 24/7 adult support and supervision from our experienced staff and host families.
Get help on your IB® Spanish exam while enjoying a study abroad experience in Cadiz, Spain.
Enjoy hassle-free housing by living with one of our Spanish host families—delicious, homecooked Spanish meals included.
Enjoy guided tours of historic attractions, organized excursions to other cities, and a variety of cultural, social, and recreational activities.
Cadiz is an ideal place to study abroad while getting help on your IB® Spanish exam. In the city and the surrounding province of the same name, you’ll find 3,000 years of multicultural history, 300 days of blissful sunshine, 138 kilometers (85 miles) of golden-sand beaches, and a multitude of historic attractions—one of which is the city itself, as a whole. That’s because Cadiz isn’t just an ancient city; it’s the oldest continuously-inhabited city in all of Western Europe! Here, you’ll be surrounded by cobblestone streets, bustling plazas, beautiful architecture, and charming old buildings that host a variety of local shops, restaurants, cafes, and food markets—all of which are just a short walk away from the city’s idyllic beaches.
This gorgeous cathedral features intricate baroque architecture, a majestic facade, and a bell tower from which you can enjoy breathtaking views of the surrounding city.
Built in the 1700s, this historic lookout tower contains a camera obscura and provides you with even more stunning views of the city.
Castle of Santa Catalina
Originally a fortress that was constructed in the 17th century, this seaside castle now houses a modern art gallery.
The Port of Santa Maria
This small, historic town is situated on the banks of the Guadalete River, right outside the city of Cádiz, where you can visit San Marcos Castle, the bullring of El Puerto, the church of Iglesia Mayor Prioral, and the Victory Monastery.
The above list of attractions only scratches the surface of what Cádiz has to offer! In the city and the surrounding province, you will find an abundance of other highlights, including Roman ruins, palaces, monuments, museums, and even more castles and cathedrals.
Getting ready for your IB® exam: IB® Spanish Exam Prep Classes
- Get ready to succeed on the IB® Spanish exam by attending 4 engaging, interactive Spanish exam prep classes lasting 45 minutes each per day (3 hours per day in total), Monday through Friday.
- Benefit from our program’s small class sizes (12 to 15 students), hands-on approach to teaching Spanish, and our expert teachers’ in-depth knowledge of the IB® Spanish exams.
Exploring Spain: Cultural Activities
- Gain first-hand experience of Spain’s rich and varied culture by attending our program’s fun-filled cultural activities, such as salsa, flamenco, and Spanish cooking classes.
- Take a deep dive into Spanish history by going on tours of Cádiz’s many historic attractions, which include Medieval castles and ancient Roman ruins!
Making Memories: Social and Recreational Activities
- Take advantage Cadiz’s sunny weather and golden-sand beaches with surfing classes, bike rides, and sports games by the sea!
- Have fun, relax, and make new friends through organized dances, concerts, dinners, movie nights, and tapas nights for you and the other students attending your program.
Broadening Your Horizons: Weekend Excursions
- Enjoy worry-free, hassle-free travel to other parts of southern Spain and its international surroundings on organized group trips to some of the region’s top destinations—transportation, meals, adult guidance, and tours included!
- Explore many possible destinations, such as the gorgeous and historic city of Sevilla, the whitewashed village of Vejer de la Frontera, the charming beach town of Tarifa, the ancient Roman ruins of Baelo Claudia, the scenic shores of Bolonia Beach, or the British Overseas Territory of Gibraltar.
Living in a Real Home: Hassle-Free Housing
- Feel a safe and secure sense of home-away-from-home by living with one of our programs’ friendly, carefully-selected Spanish host families.
- Enjoy the comforts of a middle-class home with modern conveniences—laundry assistance provided!
Eating Like a Spaniard: Complimentary Meals
- Savor home-cooked Spanish meals—daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner included!
- Try out Spanish staples such as paella, tortilla, croquettes, and gazpacho.
- Have your needs met; special dietary requirements can be accommodated.
Dates and Fees
IB® Spanish summer course in Cadiz, Spain
Arrival: July 3rd, 2022
Depart: July 16th, 2022
pre-IB and IB
Spanish classes Monday to Friday for the duration of the program (3 hours per day / 4 classes of 45 minutes).
All class materials used during the course.
Official certificate that confirms your participation in this program.
Accommodation and full board with a homestay family.
Program of social, cultural and recreational activities.
Initial orientation walk in Cadiz.
Airport reception with a representative from Centro MundoLengua and transfer to and from Jerez de la Frontera airport.
Request information about this program
You may also like…
The course and any supporting material have been developed independently and are not endorsed by the International Baccalaureate Organization.