Get a head start on AP® Spanish
July 3th, 2022 – July 16th, 2022
Pre-AP® and AP® Spanish students
Pre-AP® Spanish Language Program in Cadiz
Imagine you’re spending your next summer by a golden-sand beach in one of the oldest, sunniest, and prettiest cities in Spain. You’re exploring historic castles, ancient Roman ruins, majestic cathedrals, and charming cobblestone streets lined with fantastic food markets, restaurants, shops, and outdoor cafes.
Now imagine this: you’re making friends, having fun, and discovering the best of Spain through guided tours, flamenco lessons, tapas nights, sports games on the beach, adventures to other cities, and more! Meanwhile, you’re enjoying all of the comforts of home, living in a safe and friendly environment, getting ready to excel on the AP® Spanish Language course, and taking your Spanish to the next level through natural language immersion and engaging, interactive classes.
Well, you don’t have to just imagine it. Our Pre-AP® Spanish Language program in Cádiz, Spain, offers high school students all of the above and more!
Feel safe and secure with 24/7 adult support and supervision from our experienced staff and host families.
Prepare to excel on the AP® Spanish Language course through natural immersion and fun, interactive classes.
Deepen your experience of Spanish culture by living with a friendly, carefully-selected Spanish host family—delicious, home-cooked Spanish meals included!
Explore historic sites and learn about Spanish culture via organized tours, activities and excursions.
Relax, swim, and play sports on a golden-sand beach overlooked by a castle.
Level up your Spanish and immerse yourself in Spanish culture by studying abroad in the oldest continuously-inhabited city in Western Europe.
In Cadiz, you’ll be living in an idyllic seaside city filled with a rich history, vibrant culture, beautiful architecture, and almost-constant sunshine! Dating back more than 3,000 years, it’s the oldest continuously inhabited city in all of Western Europe. With 300 days of sunny weather, golden-sand beaches, numerous historic sites, and very walkable streets that are lined with shops, cafes, restaurants, and food markets, it’s an ideal place to explore Spanish culture, immerse yourself in the Spanish language, prepare for success on the AP® Spanish Language course, and have a fantastic summer adventure, all at the same time!
This gorgeous cathedral features intricate baroque architecture, a majestic façade, and a bell tower from which you can enjoy breathtaking views of the surrounding city.
Built in the 1700s, this historic lookout tower contains a camera obscura and provides even more stunning views of the city.
Castle of Santa Catalina
Originally a fortress that was constructed in the 17th century, this seaside castle now houses a modern art gallery.
The Port of Santa María
This small, historic town is situated on the banks of the Guadalete River, right outside the city of Cádiz, where you can visit San Marcos Castle, the bullring of El Puerto, the church of Iglesia Mayor Prioral, and the Victory Monastery.
The above list of attractions only scratches the surface of what Cádiz has to offer! In the city and the surrounding province, you will find an abundance of other highlights, including Roman ruins, palaces, monuments, museums, and even more castles and cathedrals.
Exploring Spain: Cultural Activities
- Discover Spain’s rich heritage through guided tours of historic attractions—from ancient Roman ruins to gorgeous cathedrals!
- Immerse yourself in Spanish culture through a variety of organized group activities, such as salsa, flamenco, and Spanish cooking classes.
Having Fun: Social Activities
- Spend time with old and new friends alike at dances, concerts, and dinners for the program’s high school students.
- Unwind with movie nights, tapas nights, and afternoon free time for hanging out with friends, going to the beach, exploring the city, or taking a siesta!
- Enjoy the outdoors together with surfing classes, bike rides, and sports games on the beach!
Leveling Up Your Español: Pre-AP® Spanish Classes
- Have fun and learn at the same time with the benefit of small class sizes (12 to 15 students), experienced teachers, and a highly interactive, communication-centered approach to learning Spanish.
- Boost your Spanish language skills with 3 hours of intensive classes per day, Monday through Friday.
- Unique curriculum, which is specially designed for current and future AP® Spanish students.
Expanding Your Horizons: Weekend Excursions
- Explore other parts of southern Spain and its surroundings on organized trips to some of the region’s top destinations.
- Enjoy worry-free travel: transportation, meals, adult guidance, and tours are included!
- Experience the culture, history, and atmosphere of many possible destinations, such as the region’s scenic capital of Sevilla, the whitewashed village of Vejer de la Frontera, the charming beach town of Tarifa, or the British Overseas Territory of Gibraltar.
Living in a Real Home: Hassle-Free Housing
- Feel a safe and secure sense of home-away-from-home with one of our friendly, carefully-selected Spanish host families.
- Enjoy the comforts of a middle-class home with modern conveniences—laundry assistance provided!
- Boost your Spanish through real-life conversations with actual Spaniards!
Eating Like a Spaniard: Complimentary Meals
- Savor home-cooked Spanish meals—daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner included!
- Try out Spanish staples such as paella, tortilla, croquettes, and gazpacho.
- Rest assured: special dietary requirements can be accommodated.
Dates and Fees
Pre-AP® Spanish Language Program in Cadiz
Arrival: July 3rd, 2022
Depart: July 16th, 2022
Spanish classes Monday to Friday for the duration of the program (3 hours per day / 4 classes of 45 minutes).
All class materials used during the course.
Official certificate that confirms your participation in this program.
Accommodation and full board with a homestay family.
Program of social, cultural and recreational activities.
Initial orientation walk in Cadiz.
Airport reception with a representative from Centro MundoLengua and transfer to and from Jerez de la Frontera airport.
Request information about this program
You may also like…
Summer programs in Sevilla, Spain for high school students – Intermediate (B1) Level, June 19th, 2022 – July 2nd, 20222,110.00€
- From 1,350.00€
Pre-AP® is a registered trademark of the College Board, which was not involved in the development and delivery of this professional development. College Board, AP®, Advanced Placement®, Advanced Placement Program®, AP® Vertical Teams, Pre-AP® and the acorn logo are registered trademarks of the College Board. Used with permission.