Get your students ready for the AP® Spanish Language course & exam!
All Year Round.
Pre-AP® and AP® Spanish students.
AP® Spanish language and culture exam preparation in Cadiz, Spain
Breathe in the fresh seaside breeze as you empower your students to take what they’ve learned in the classroom and apply it to real-world situations in the charming port city of Cadiz, Spain. From refreshing white-sand beaches to the bustling city center, the oldest continuously-inhabited city in Western Europe continues to thrive, while extending open arms to international travelers. The welcoming spirit of the city and its inhabitants makes it an ideal haven for Spanish language students to level up their communication skills.
Not only will you and your group of students have the opportunity to roam the ancient cobblestone streets of Cadiz, but they will also attend engaging, interactive classes specifically designed to help them succeed on the AP® Spanish Language and Culture exam. In addition to preparing for the AP® Spanish exam in the classroom, your students will be able to expand their practical language skills and knowledge of the Spanish culture via guided tours, trips to other cities, and a wide variety of social and cultural recreational activities.
Enhance lessons learned in the classroom with real-life applications in Cádiz, Spain–Western Europe's oldest continuously-inhabited city!
Boost your students' language skills and cultural knowledge with engaging, interactive exam prep classes designed specifically for the AP® Spanish Language and Culture course.
Enable your students to practice the Spanish language and experience the Spanish culture first-hand on guided tours, educational activities, and organized excursions.
Provide your students with opportunities to bond during the program with a customized activity program!
Enable your students to feel right at home with the comfort and safety in a homestay accommodation with Spanish host family (other accommodation options available).
Attend a Spanish teacher training free of charge, plus receive a stipend for your stay in Spain!
In Cadiz, you and your group of students can combine the sunshine, tranquility, and refreshment of a beach vacation with the exciting adventure of sightseeing through ancient city streets that are home to numerous historic attractions. With over 3,000 years of history, Cadiz is a living testament to the city’s long line of previous inhabitants, who included the Phoenicians, the Romans, and the Moors, before the Spanish took their place. Boasting 300 days of sunshine per year, Cadiz offers visitors the options to soak up some sun on golden-sand beaches, explore ancient cobblestone streets, tour ancient buildings, shop at local markets, and participate in the city’s lively culture. Check out the list of some of the Cadiz’s top attractions below, and just imagine the cultural treasures you and your students will discover during this guided program!
This gorgeous cathedral features intricate baroque architecture, a majestic facade, and a bell tower from which you and your students can enjoy breathtaking views of the surrounding city.
Built in the 1700s, this historic lookout tower contains a camera obscura and provides you and your students with even more stunning views of the city.
Castle of Santa Catalina
Originally a fortress that was constructed in the 17th century, this seaside castle now houses a modern art gallery.
The Port of Santa María
This small, historic town is situated on the banks of the Guadalete River, right outside the city of Cadiz, where you and your students can visit San Marcos Castle, the bullring of El Puerto, the church of Iglesia Mayor Prioral, and the Victory Monastery.
The above list of attractions only scratches the surface of what Cadiz has to offer! In the city and the surrounding province, you will find an abundance of other highlights, including Roman ruins, palaces, monuments, museums, and even more castles and cathedrals.
Leveling Up Their Español: AP® Spanish language and culture exam preparation classes
- Enhancing vital skills and knowledge needed to succeed on the AP® Spanish Language and Culture exam with 3-hour intensive classes every day (spread across 4 different classes each lasting for 45 minutes), Monday through Friday.
- Preparing for future academic success by studying key components of the AP® Spanish Language and Culture exam ahead of time.
- Interacting with experienced teachers in engaging classes specifically designed to prepare students for the AP® Spanish Language and Culture curriculum and exam.
Exploring Spain: Cultural Activities
- Living like Spaniards through immersion activities that range from traditional flamenco classes to Spanish cooking workshops.
- Learning about Spanish history by visiting historic attractions such as Cadiz’s seaside castle and its majestic cathedral.
Making Memories: Social and Recreational Activities
- Becoming better friends and making memories together during recreational activities such as dances, concerts, and dinners.
- Enhancing their study abroad experience with movie and tapas nights, plus afternoon free time to sightsee or hang out with each other on their own.
- Enjoying the great outdoors with recreational activities such as bike riding, sports games on the beach, and surfing classes.
Broadening Their Horizons: Weekend Excursions
- Traveling to other areas in Southern Spain and/or its international surroundings on customizable excursions to some of the region’s most exciting destinations.
- Visiting towns and cities such as Sevilla, Córdoba, Granada, Tarifa, and Vejer de la Frontera in Spain, as well international locations such as the British Overseas Territory of Gibraltar, the Portuguese town of Tavira, and a variety of Moroccan cities.
- Enjoying hassle-free travel: transportation, meals, and guided tours are included with the excursions.
Living Comfortably: Hassle-Free Housing
- Staying in a hotel, a hostel, a student residence or the comfortable, middle-class homes of our friendly, carefully-selected Spanish host families.
- Feeling a safe and secure sense of home-away-from-home, with 24/7 support available from our staff and/or our host families.
- Experiencing deep immersion in the Spanish language and culture by sharing meals and conversations with actual Spaniards (if your group chooses the homestay housing option).
Eating Like a Spaniard: Authentic Spanish Meals (Optional)
- Savoring home-cooked Spanish meals—with daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner included with homestays and customizable meal packages available for the other housing options.
- Trying out Spanish staples such as paella, tortilla, croquettes, and gazpacho.
- Resting assured: special dietary requirements can be accommodated.
Dates and Fees
AP® Spanish language and culture exam preparation
Ask for a quote
Spanish classes Monday to Friday for the duration of the program (3 hours per day / 4 classes of 45 minutes).
All class materials used during the program.
Official certificate that confirms your participation in this program.
Accommodation and full board with a homestay family (other accommodation options available).
Program of social, cultural and recreational activities.
Initial orientation walk in Cadiz.
Airport reception with a representative from Centro MundoLengua and transfer to and from Jerez de la Frontera airport.
Free participation in the program, including accommodation, board and activity programs, for teachers and adult chaperones. Other benefits may apply.
Optional airfare add-on.
Request information about this program
Pre-AP® is a registered trademark of the College Board, which was not involved in the development and delivery of this professional development. College Board, AP®, Advanced Placement®, Advanced Placement Program®, AP® Vertical Teams, Pre-AP® and the acorn logo are registered trademarks of the College Board. Used with permission.